Cross-team Editor (Associate) – Singapore
Blackpeak is an international investigative research and risk advisory firm dedicated to uncovering critical risk-related information for our clients worldwide.
We specialize in investigative due diligence, investigations and security, and business intelligence research. Our in-house team executes each project with unmatched in-country expertise, using customized investigative methodologies.
Founded in Asia, the firm now operates from strategic locations in key financial and economic centers, including Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou and New York.
Blackpeak is seeking a Cross-team Editor (Associate level) to be based in our Singapore office, primarily responsible for ensuring consistent, high-quality English-language research reports as part of the group’s existing editorial team. While this position entails copyediting, you will also work closely with Blackpeak’s researchers throughout the report-writing process to help shape and order research findings. You will be exposed to a broad range of risk-related projects across countries and industries and may be required to manage multiple assignments on a day-to-day basis.
You will also be asked to help carry out primary research and contribute content to reports. This position will train you to become intimately familiar with Blackpeak’s research methodology and the key risk issues that are the basis of our in-depth qualitative research reports.
Blackpeak’s team members have joined the firm with a range of academic and professional experience. Candidates with backgrounds in journalism, English, international relations, political science, history and economics are especially encouraged to apply.
Skills and Experience
- Native or near-native English language ability
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task under pressure
- Flexibility to work as a part of a multinational team across Blackpeak’s seven offices worldwide. This includes periods of working with colleagues in other offices and countries.
- The maturity and skills required to assist Blackpeak’s senior management in marketing to clients and to manage client relationships, if needed
- Strong analytical skills, including critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Editing experience in business and journalism considered a plus
- Relevant experience in risk analysis, consulting and/or qualitative research considered a plus
- Familiarity with Southeast Asia's business environment a plus
A competitive salary and benefits will be offered.
If your qualifications, experience and aspirations match our requirements, please send your CV, cover letter and writing samples to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the high volume of applications.
All information submitted to Blackpeak will remain strictly confidential and used for recruitment purposes only.